Saturday, April 30, 2011

A to Z - retrospective

Well, I did it.  Wasn't certain if I would be able to, to be honest, but in the end I'm pleased to say that I did indeed make my way through the A to Z April blogging challenge in a timely fashion.

On the upside, I had a lot of fun doing this, even if it was at times rather hectic.  I enjoyed the challenge of creating various supercharacters using the V&V rules.  I wanted to hit a wide range of characters; some good, some bad, some in-between, with a decent variety of powers and motivations, that other gamers could drop into their own V&V games with a minimum of fuss and effort.  I like to think I succeeded in this.

It doesn't hurt, I suppose, that I got a bit of an increase in traffic (almost a 50% boost from the previous month), and the number of people willing to risk social scorn by actually being willing to publicly follow this blog almost tripled; in Old School blogging terms I jumped from 2nd to 4th level (clearly, much XP was earned).

On the downside, unfortunately, some of the stuff I normally post about (Trollslayers, comic book and Rush reviews) kinda went on the back burner a bit during the last month.  That wasn't entirely because of the A to Z challenge - it's been an odd month, in not so good ways - but I would be lying if I said or implied that it wasn't a factor.  I'm looking forward to getting back into the groove with my regular stuff in May.

Overall, I think it was a positive thing, even if I'm not certain I would do so again next year. If nothing else, I showed to myself that I had the discipline needed to follow through on it. And hey, creating all those characters was a lot of fun; I just might continue to do so, if at a less-hectic pace...

1 comment:

  1. As I've said elsewhere, yours has been one of my favourite A to Z Challenges - because of its V&V focus and because of the quality of the characters you were producing.

    I hope you decide to "do something" with these 26 characters (I'm still voting for a booklet!) and that this isn't the end of your V&V coverage on this blog.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete